Pages

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Katy Perry :: Divorced

Russel and the 27-year-old pop singer Katy Perry  were married in October 2010 at a resort in India. The couple announced their engagement in January 2010 after meeting at the 2009 MTV Video Music Awards, where Brand hosted and she performed. The comedian, who once struggled with substance abuse and sex addiction, was effusive about his bride while promoting projects earlier last year, saying marrying Perry has ''given me much more strength in what I do''. The internet has been abuzz with rumours about trouble for the couple

They spent the Christmas holidays apart, with Brand being photographed in England and Perry spotted in Hawaii  both without their wedding rings. Brand filed divorce papers in Los Angeles Superior Court on Friday citing irreconcilable differences. "Sadly, Katy and I are ending our marriage. I'll always adore her and I know we'll remain friends," Brand said in a statement on Friday. Perry's spokesperson could not immediately be reached for comment. Brand had dismissed rumours earlier in December that the marriage was in trouble. "I am married to Katy perpetually. Until death do us part was the pledge. I am still alive," the comedian told US talk show host Ellen DeGeneres.



 Watch Katy Perry Video ::



No comments:

Post a Comment