Pages

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Angelina Jolie ::Humanitarian trip to Libya




Hollywoood actress - who is a keen activist and an ambassador for the United Nations - is visiting the troubled North African nation to meet with representatives from several organisations providing assistance to Libyans in Misrata and Tripoli in the hope of 'expressing solidarity' with locals. She said in a statement: 'I have come to Libya for a variety of reasons, to see a country in transition at every level. I will be meeting with officials from all sides but above all, listening to the local people in the street. I am here to express solidarity with them.'It is the work of rebuilding and recovery that will determine Libya's future.'

 Angelina and her partner Brat Pitt - who raise six children, Maddox, 10, Pax, seven, Zahara, six, Shiloh, five, and three-year-old twins Knox and Vivienne, together - recently donated $340,000 through their Jolie-Pitt Foundation to children in Somalia. The star has previously thanked Somali refugees for helping to inspire her and make her a better parent. Angelina said: 'I'm so grateful to the refugee families that I have the honour and privilege to spend the last years with. 'From them I've learned so much. I've learned to be a better person, a better mother. They've inspired me by showing me the unbreakable strength of the human spirit.'



 Watch Angelina jolie video ::

 

No comments:

Post a Comment